Richard Branson recently gave this quick guide the thumbs up via twitter. In summary:
- Establish a communication style early on and commit to it, and ultimately, perfect it.
- Focus on your niche and specialism. Ensure you are relevant and timely.
- You need to claim your name. You can use a tool such asKnowemto see if your desired username is available on all social media platforms.
- Consistency is key and every social media profile you create should have the same look and feel that reflect you as a brand.
- Your brand image should clearly define your brand culture and adapt as need be to fit what your target market is looking for.
- Drive all traffic back to your homepage at every opportunity through social media.
By focusing your message and keeping active you will become a thought leader and importantly differentiate yourself from the rest.
Do you ever wonder if you can make yourself into a brand through social media? You think you aren’t anybody special, but you have a unique offering that you want the world to see.